So, after several months of snipping and nipping, cutting and sticking, the panels were finally ready.
It had been a particularly hot and sunny week which wouldn’t be ideal for the installation because the cement would dry too quickly, so I checked the weather forecast and it said the weekend would be warm and overcast. Perfect. As I am not blessed with a huge amount of patience I thought I was being really good waiting two days. When Saturday arrived, dressed in old togs I set about clearing the fence of plants and fairy lights, laid out a plastic sheet and I was good to go.
Yes, I know I should probably wear gloves!
A teeny tiny daisy petal had been dislodged and needed to be sunk back into the cement.
The weather forecast had been a little pessimistic because the sun broke through the clouds and it was a really hot, sunny day and my shoulders got a bit burnt. Anyway, all three panels were now stuck to the posts and tomorrow I would be grouting.
Grout colour is always tricky to decide upon, but I usually favour dark colours (I’ve made bad choices in the past!). It is so exciting when the grout it applied and I wipe away the excess. Gradually the beautiful colours underneath start to pop through. The clean up process was now in full swing because everything was drying particularly quickly, but with plenty of elbow grease it was beginning to look like a mad bouquet of colours.
Dog photography is all about treats and timing, apparently!
So, that’s the end of my latest project – on to the next ……..